Starting at noon, we are bringing the best in upcoming local talent to your ears!
So far the line up (subject to change) looks like this…
12:00 Owen Hackett
Owen Hackett is a singer/songwriter from Southampton, taking influence from acts such as Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Glen Hansard. Formerly the frontman of Indie Southampton band Shy Boy, Owen has returned to his roots as a singer/songwriter in his solo projects. Listen to his latest single, Unmistakably You, on Spotify!
Cowboyy (AKA epic, the band!) are a five piece band based in the South Coast. They have an eclectic mix of music, with influences from genres such as Post-Punk, Alt Rock, Jazz and Hip Hop.
14:00 Harvey J Dodgson
Harvey Jay Dodgson is a singer/songwriter based in Portsmouth with songs such as Indigo and Caroline produced by Michael Smith at RYP Recordings (Wolf Alice, Anteros.) Harvey pulls influence from a mix of artists from Jamie T to Tom Waits, from David Bowie to Billie Holiday. Listen to his debut EP, Oxygen – EP, on any major streaming service!
15:00 Temples of Youth
Temples of Youth are a Dream Pop band from the UK, mixing elements of Shoegaze, Synthpop and New Wave. Having taken inspiration from C86 artists and US Indie, Temples of Youth have come to develop their own unique sound, strong on hooks, melodies and heartfelt lyrics. Temples of Youth have supported acts such as Penelope Isles, Pale Waves and Sundara Karma amongst others. Listen to their latest single, Susan Gets Confused, on Spotify!
16:00 Georgia Turnbull
Georgia Turnbull is a singer/songwriter based in Southampton. Georgia expresses her lyrics through emotive language within the genre of Alternative Folk/Pop. Her raw songwriting style and unique voice lend a euphoric and colourful explosion of sound. Her music draws influence from Jade Bird, invoking the emotion of an early Joni Mitchell. Since releasing her single Way Back, Georgia has formed a band to aid and enrich her live performances. She is currently in the process of recording her EP, featuring her latest singles Lady and Explore. Listen to her latest single, Explore, on Spotify!
17:00 Bible Club
Bible Club are a Post-Gaze/Progressive band based in the South Coast. Bible Club take a combination of influences and fuse them together to create a brand new sound, featuring aggressive riffs, ambient soundscapes and walls of sound. The band’s eclectic mix of influences make for a unique, yet consistent feel in their material. Listen to their debut single, Mr. Lizard, on Spotify!
The week after the Festival is half term for us in Southampton and Hampshire – have you seen these great events going on at City Art Gallery, SeaCity and Tudor House?
Mon 30 May
- Family Old Town Walk: Pirates, Plunder & Plague | Tudor House & Garden | 11am & 2pm. Discover tales of plunder, plague and villainy by venturing into Southampton’s vaults and scaling the town’s ancient walls. Find out more
- Kids’ Culture Club – Pokemon day! | SeaCity Museum | 9am-5pm. Spend the day exploring lots of different art techniques whilst making creations inspired by your favourite characters. For children aged 6 to 12yrs. Find out more
Tue 31 May
- Kids’ Culture Club – Space day! | SeaCity Museum | 9am-5pm. Head to a Galaxy far, far away and hunt your own bounty! With lots of fun activities to keep all budding bounty hunters amused. For children aged 6 to 12yrs. Find out more
- WW2 Super Science Family Fun (7+) | Tudor House & Garden| 10.30am, 1pm. A super-charged session of experiments and history based around the World War II! Create egg parachutes, design your own ‘gas masks’ and more. Find out more
Wed 1 June
- Star Wars Pencil Pots | Southampton City Art Gallery | 10:15am, 11:45am, 1:30pm. Make a brilliant pencil pot by upcycling a coffee pot into your favourite Star Wars character. Find out more
- Wizard School (6+) | Tudor House & Garden | 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm. Create your very own magic wand, witness magic and search for the magical characters in the Tudor House garden. Find out more
Mini Monets (4-6yrs) and Young Ones (7-13yrs) art clubs are running, where kids’ will get to experiment with different art materials, processes and ideas; inspired by the Gallery’s collection and the current exhibitions on show.
Mini Monets (4-6yrs) | 28 May, 25 June and 23 July | 10.30am – 11.30pm| Southampton City Art Gallery